In this article we will learn to buy Bitcoin in different ways, with different payment methods and without spending dizzying amounts. When thinking about how to buy Bitcoins, there are dozens of possibilities to choose from, however, it is easy to understand how less advanced users who have just entered the world of Bitcoins and want to start their crypto adventure, all of which can be a bit 'overwhelming and / or frustrating, as some concepts escape one's understanding when trying to get Bitcoin.
If you want to know how to buy Bitcoins with a credit card, bank transfer, in cash or for example with PayPal and from countries like Italy or any other part of the world, you are lucky, just read below!
Why should i buy Bitcoin now?
Today the need to buy Bitcoin or trade with digital currency is becoming increasingly important. In addition to using Bitcoin as an investment, many of its buyers also want to secure a quick, secure and efficient method of making transactions, regardless of the country in which they are located.
Bitcoin offers all this, but the most used and known today are the platforms to invest with highly profitable profits. The high volatility of Bitcoin on the market makes it one of the most sought after assets in recent years.
Since Bitcoin is a virtual currency, there are also other ways to invest, for example, by using Bitcoin trading robots and making automatic investments to make a profit. Robots are very popular today, an example is the German Bitcoin Billionaire.
What is the best platform to buy Bitcoin?
This is the most important question you can ask yourself if you want to buy Bitcoin or just where to buy Bitcoin. Without a doubt, in this market we look at the birth of scam programs every day, but below we have listed the best options for those who want to buy Bitcoin in Italy.
eToro is a platform to buy Bitcoin, sell and invest, which offers the best technologies available on the market for its customers. With an intuitive and easy-to-use platform, eToro presents many assets to be traded such as stocks, commodities, foreign currencies and, of course, cryptocurrencies. EToro's availability of resources is one of the largest in the world and its platform is used by millions of people in over 170 countries, and offers mobile applications for the Android and iOS operating systems. Having become popular for its characteristic "Copy Trading" and "Social Engineering" features, eToro allows users to copy the operations of more experienced traders into their accounts.
Advantages offered by eToro to buy Bitcoin:
- Regulated platform
- Easy to use
- Social trading
- Advanced tools
How to buy Bitcoin with eToro?
Here are the 10 steps to follow:
- sign up for eToro
- open a new account
- Confirm your email address
- start copying (Social Trading)
- add funds and payment methods
- buy Bitcoin in eToro
- create a purchase order
- confirms the purchase order
- check your wallet. Welcome to the world of cryptocurrencies!
Coinbase is an international company that guarantees a platform for the purchase and sale of digital resources. Its platform is one of the best known in the world and many users sign up to invest, as Coinbase also acts as a Bitcoin wallet and for other cryptocurrencies. According to the Coinbase website, its services have already satisfied over 10 million customers. The application operates in 32 countries and the digital assets they have on their platform include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, 0X, BAT, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and legal currencies.
Buying Bitcoins with Coinbase is simple, here are some advantages:
- Popular platform
- Accept VISA and MasterCard
- Coinbase Pro
How to buy Bitcoin with Coinbase?
Here are the steps to follow:
- join Coinbase
- open a new account
- Confirm your email address
- complete your profile
- buy Bitcoin with Coinbase
- select your cryptocurrency
- add funds and payment methods
- sell Bitcoin with Coinbase
LocalBitcoins is a platform for direct person-to-person exchange (P2P) of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies whose company is based in Finland. LocalBitcoins is only an intermediary that provides its platform for a safe currency exchange. In addition, it offers a scoring system to evaluate buyers and sellers and also offers announcements and news. LocalBitcoins is a secure platform, a guarantee that both parties receive their share.
Advantages offered by LocalBitcoin to buy Bitcoin:
- P2P platform
- Excellent guarantee
- Low market prices
How to buy Bitcoin with LocalBitcoins?
Here are the steps to follow to start buying Bitcoins with LocalBitcoins:
- subscribe to LocalBitcoins
- open a new account
- buy Bitcoin on LocalBitcoins
- review the information
- confirm payment
- add funds and payment methods
Purchase Bitcoin with a credit card
About 2 or 3 years ago it was really complicated to buy Bitcoin prepaid card / MasterCard or VISA credit card, but thanks to the growing popularity of the main digital currency, some portals decided to open this service to users who required more flexibility to buy Bitcoin with card credit from different countries.
Here's how to buy Bitcoin if you are in Italy or in another area of Europe with a credit card:
- Open an account in one of your favorite brokers (we recommend eToro to buy Bitcoin anonymously by credit card, PayPal or Neteller).
- Within the eToro website you will only need to verify your email address and your telephone number to make a withdrawal.
If you have chosen Coinbase, you will need to verify your email, your phone number and your identity by providing a copy of your identity document. There are 3 simple steps that everyone should follow to buy Bitcoin with Postepay and other prepaid / credit cards.
- After the checks, the site will tell us that we need to add a payment method, in this case we will choose a credit card.
- We insert all the details of the card in the respective boxes.
- Buy Bitcoin and welcome to the crypto adventure!
Purchase Bitcoin with PayPal
Buying Bitcoin with PayPal is not as easy as doing it with a credit card, but you can do it without any problem, read on. Want a specific guide on how to buy Bitcoin with PayPal or how to change your Bitcoins, I recommend you read our guide on how to exchange Bitcoins for euros.
If you have already read our guide on how to buy Bitcoin, you will already know that eToro is our favorite platform and also accepts PayPal as a payment method.
Many internet users charge their services and / or products for PayPal and have a PayPal balance willing to invest, so I bring you this little guide to acquire BTC with PayPal balance via Virwox:
Virwox is one of the most popular platforms when converting your PayPal balance to Bitcoin. It is not an easy task, although it is known that it is a safe method and can be done without problems.
Buying Bitcoin pays off with Virwox, because you don't really buy BTC on the platform, but buy Second Life Lindens (SLL) coins and then redeem them for Bitcoin.
If you wish to purchase BTC via PayPal through the Virwox platform, follow these 10 steps:
- Sign up for Virwox
- Add your personal information
- Verify your email after saving your personal data
- Change the temporary password that was provided to you
- By clicking on the Deposit button in the side menu and in the PayPal section, add the amount you wish to deposit. It will redirect you to your PayPal account page.
- Buy the Second Life Lindens (SLL) coin with your euros
- Redeem your Bitcoin SLL
- Transfer your BTC to your Bitcoin wallet
- Congratulations, you now own Bitcoin! Welcome to the crypto adventure!
- Virwox also offers the possibility to purchase Bitcoins through the Skrill, PaysafeCard, OkPay and / or SofortBanking platforms.
Purchase Bitcoin by bank transfer
To buy Bitcoin in the bank / bank transfer there are many platforms, however, it must be added that it is one of the slowest (but cheapest) methods available on the market, since the commission for a bank transfer is generally lower than the commission for the purchase with credit card or Paypal.
Here's how to buy Bitcoins in Kraken and CEX.io by bank transfer:
Kraken is the largest exchange in terms of capital movements in euros, but it also accepts dollars, pounds and yuan. Kraken is our favorite platform with which to buy cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, by bank transfer, both international and SEPA.
To buy Bitcoin with Kraken just follow these instructions:
- Sign up for Kraken
- Verify your information, this is a very simple step (but it takes up to 2 working days, be patient)
- Once you've verified your information, you can make deposits of $ 2.000 a day and a total of $ 10.000 a month
- To make a deposit by bank transfer you need to go to the Financing tab
- On the Financing tab, check that you are in the Deposit section
- In the Deposit section select in the side menu the currency with which you wish to make the bank transfer
- By clicking on Euro you have to select SEPA as the transfer type
- Subsequently, all the data necessary to carry out the transfer will be displayed, such as: name of the recipient, address of the recipient, IBAN, name of the bank, BIC code, bank address, reference code
- Once the transfer is made, it takes about 2-3 days to view the funds in your Kraken account and to be able to start buying and selling Bitcoins
- You are now a member of the cryptocurrency community! Welcome!
In the exchange CEX.io we can buy Bitcoin by bank transfer, but be careful! CEX.io does not allow you to deposit less than 5000 € by bank transfer.
Here's how to buy Bitcoins with euros in CEX.io by bank transfer:
- Register in CEX.io
- Once registered, click on Deposit, the green button at the top right
- Select Bank transfer
- You will be asked to verify your identity if you have not already done so
- Clicking Start verification will start the verification in 4 simple steps:
- Type of identification document
- Personal information
- Addresses (residence)
- Click on Verify identity, the verification seems to be automatic, so immediately after filling, completing and uploading your documents you can buy your Bitcoins by bank transfer
- Once you have verified your profile, click again on Deposit -> Bank transfer -> Select amount -> Select the country and finally, on Proceed
- When you click Proceed, the data necessary to make the transfer will appear
- Make the bank transfer with the data provided in the previous step
- Now wait until your funds arrive ... to be able to buy Bitcoin and be part of this beautiful and curious cryptographic world!
Buy Bitcoin in cash
Yes, you can also buy Bitcoins with cash and if you keep reading, you will know how.
Buying Bitcoins with euros has some advantages such as making the transaction more private and faster when it comes to acquiring Bitcoins without requiring a long wait for the checks of most exchanges.
To do this there are several possibilities, but today I will show you the two simplest:
Bitnovo is a Bitcoin buying and selling company that offers a very interesting product, a card to buy Bitcoin in cash in any Carrefour tobacconist or supermarket. To get your Bitcoins just go to the nearest factory and ask for the Bitnovo card to buy Bitcoins. There are € 50, € 100 and € 250 cards, buy the one that best suits your needs. This is our first alternative to buying Bitcoin in cash.
Warning! Sometimes they don't even know they have it!
With LocalBitcoins you can buy Bitcoins in cash or with a cash deposit. LocalBitcoins is our second preferred option to acquire Bitcoin in cash.
Follow this little guide to buy Bitcoin for cash:
- Sign up for LocalBitcoins
- Find a reseller to buy Bitcoins at tobacconists
- Add as many Bitcoins as you want
- By adding the desired Bitcoins, you will receive the bank account number of the seller in your city where you have selected
- Now you will need to deposit the total euros you want to buy into Bitcoin into the seller's account
- You just have to load the deposit or the transfer receipt
- You are now part of the Bitcoin world!
ATM to buy Bitcoin
The rise of Bitcoin is much more than just a media boom. The world economy is starting to adapt to cryptocurrencies and it is not uncommon today to buy Bitcoins via ATMs.
Buying Bitcoin with cash is a process that has advantages, but also some difficulties. One of them is that you have to deal with people who live and direct, and this can be a little complicated or even outdated.
When you buy Bitcoin from an ATM, you don't have to match or agree the price with a person, you just have to go to the nearest ATM and buy your BTC. Here's how to do it:
- Scan the QR code of your Bitcoin wallet
- Run identity verification
- Indicate the amount you wish to buy / invest
- Perform the transaction
Currently there are more and more cities that present this method to buy BTC immediately, however, there are not enough of them yet and we are sure that more will arrive in the next few years.
There are portals such as Bitcoin ATM Map or Coin ATM Radar that offer information on the location of ATMs to buy Bitcoins in cash.
The most popular brands so far in terms of Bitcoin ATMs are: Lammasu, Robocoin, Genesis1 and Bitaccess, all with fairly similar characteristics, including commission rates that mostly equate to 1% per transaction.
It is important to note that some ATMs allow you not only to buy BTC, but also to sell them.
Buy Bitcoin with other cryptocurrencies
There are many platforms that allow you to exchange Altcoin for Bitcoin. Many of those already mentioned in this article also offer the possibility to exchange Bitcoins on their platform. The best platforms to trade other cryptocurrencies with Bitcoin are:
Kucoin - Kucoin is a Chinese exchange, based in Hong Kong. This is one of the most popular exchanges of 2017 and 2018. Recently Kucoin has created its own cryptocurrency, the KCS (KuCoin Shares) which offers advantages to its users and investors.
Coinbase - The platform already mentioned in this guide is one of the most complete in the world of cryptocurrencies. They also recently accept the sale of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Paypal.
Binance - Just like Kucoin, Binance created its cryptocurrency, the BNB, which allows its users to benefit from their platform.